Days 1: Trading Canals
From San Marcos Square boat to the mouth of the Brenta Canal where we meet to bike along the quiet villa-laden Brenta Canal where countless palaces, mansions and villas lead us to the illustrious 114-room Villa Pisani, the Versailles of Italy.
Days 2-3: Renown Artist , Royal Estates & Tiny Bubbles
From enchanting Asolo, once bequeathed to the Queen of Cypress and known as the town of 100 horizons, cruise along gentle hills covered with vineyards, orchards and tiny hamlets. Witness Palladio and Canova’s finest works before a prosecco wine tour.
Days 5: Grappa & Vicenza
The Cismo River leads to the picturesque alleyways and ceramics shops of Bassano del Grappa then tour a 15th-century Grappa distillery. After a private tour of Vicenza visit Villa Rotonda then skirt the Berici Hills to the 24 medieval towers of completely walled Montagnana.
Days 6-7: Italy's Largest Abbey & Quaint Hamlets
Pedal along tree-lined canals facing the “green cones”—the Euganei Hills and ascend a path of chestnut and hornbeam trees that line streets of beautiful villas and medieval castles before visiting a 12th-century Benedictine Abbey, the largest in Italy and known for homeopathic medicine and herbal cosmetics. “Fango” mud bath anyone?
- All 3 & 4-star accommodation with breakfast
- Five full course dinners and 1 lunch
- Prosecco Winery & Grapperia tours & tastings
- Private City Tour of Vicenza & Visit of Canova's Gypsoteca & Palladian Villas
- BIKE RENTAL of quality upright 27-speed touring bikes equipped with handlebar bags (your clipless pedals can be mounted; but remember to bring your shoes, bike gloves and shorts.) Quality road bikes are available upon request at an additional charge
- Route note, maps and marked routes
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- Multi-lingual guide(s)
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.