Days 1-3: High Pasturelands & Panoramic Train Rides
Witness high-Alp farming life as echoing cow bells serenade you during a hike through fields of wild flowers. Hike to the Viamala Gorge then boat across stunning Lago Maggiore and take a panoramic train ride through the Swiss-Italian Alps.
Strap on the cramp-ons for a memorable day of hiking atop Aletsch glacier. Then bike down an isolated valley surrounded by glaciers, hike in that mountaineering Mecca, Zermatt.
Days 7-9: French Lake Region
Tour Castle Chillon before biking along lake Geneva and touring Montraux. Then bike or hike through the vineyards of the medieval Swiss-French lakeside villages.
Days 10-11: The Rigi
Cycle through the secluded dairy hamlets, then from the “Queen of the Mountains,” magnificent vistas usher us to Lake Luzern, site of Switzerland’s legendary origin.
- 10 nights accommodation
- All breakfast, 7 dinners, 2 gourmet regional lunches
- All tour transfers including meet and departure as specified
- Multi-lingual plus one certified, Swiss mountaineering guide on the glacier
- Daily van support & transport of luggage
- Guided hikes, bike rides and walks
- Guided hike atop Europe’s largest glacier (includes all equipment)
- Entrance to the Rhein Gorge
- Special Panoramic Scenic train through the Cento Valli
- Entrance & tour of Chillon Castle
- Optional tour of Sion wine caves
- Tour of how to make cheese and then make your own cheese
- Bicycle rental
- All public transport mentioned in itinerary (boat to Ascona, panoramic train through Italian alps, cable car to Kuehboden, cable car up to Rigi, boat across lake Lucerne.)
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.