Days 1-3: High Pasturelands & Panoramic Train Rides
Witness high-Alp farming life as echoing cow bells serenade you during a hike through fields of wild flowers. Then boat across stunning Lago Maggiore and take a panoramic train ride through the Swiss-Italian Alps.
Strap on the cramp-ons for a memorable two days of hiking and an evening atop Aletsch glacier.
Days 6-8: Zermatt & French Lake Region
Bike down an isolated valley surrounded by glaciers, hike in that mountaineering Mecca, Zermatt; visit wine-making enclaves and tour Castle Chillon before biking or hiking through the vineyards of the medieval French lakeside villages.
Days 9-11: Making Cheese & Chateaux
Tour the fascinating capital of Switzerland, make Emmentaler cheese, then cycle through the secluded dairy hamlets. From the “Queen of the Mountains,” magnificent vistas usher us to Lake Luzern, site of Switzerland’s legendary origin.
- 10 nights accommodation
- All breakfast, 7 dinners, 2 gourmet regional lunches
- All tour transfers including meet and departure as specified
- One Swiss and one American guide, both multi-lingual plus one certified, Swiss mountaineering expert guide for the two days on the glacier
- Daily van support & transport of luggage
- Guided hikes, bike rides and walks
- Guided hike across Europe’s largest glacier (includes all equipment)
- Entrance to the Rhein Gorge
- Special Panoramic Scenic train through the Cento Valli
- Entrance & tour of Chillon Castle
- Tour of wine caves
- Tour of how to make cheese and then make your own cheese
- Bicycle rental
- Tour of the Swiss Capital of Bern
- All public transport mentioned in itinerary (boat to Ascona, panoramic train through Italian alps, cable car to Kuehboden, cable car up to Rigi, boat across lake Lucerne.)
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.