Days 1-2: Siracusa:
Explore & tour Siracusa, founded by Greeks in 734 B.C. and home to mirror wielding Archimedes and the world’s first cookbook. Then ride along a continual bellavista to the ancient, UNESCO-protected Noto and ruinous Noto Antica.
Days 3-4: Caltagirone & Roman Estates:
Venerable hill towns and prickly pears line our path to Caltagirone, a ceramic jewel of Arabic origin. Tour Villa Casale, considered the Roman Empire’s most well-preserved country estate. Delight in unforgettable cuisine that reflects the blend of cultures.
Days 5-7: Mt Ena & Taormina:
Bicycle along a spectacular ridge to the lava fields at the base of Mt. Etna. Then a volcano specialist leads us to its many active craters. Tour a world class winery and sample their outstanding wines before we make our way into stunning Taormina, Sicily's most beautiful town. Then enjoy "Nino's" outstanding seafood cuisine.
- 6 nights lodging 3 and 4-star accommodations
- All breakfast, 5 full course dinners, and 1 lunch
- Boat ride along canals of papyrus growing region
- Private city tour of Siracusa and archeological park visits
- Guided Mt. Etna hike
- Wine tasting and tour
- Bike rental of quality upright 27-speed touring bikes equipped with handlebar bags (your clipless pedals can be mounted; remember to bring your shoes, bike gloves and shorts). Quality road bikes are available upon request at an additional charge.
- Sag support, beverages & snacks
- Route note, maps and marked routes
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- Multi-lingual guide(s)
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary