Days 1-4: Chianti, San Gimignano &Siena
Enjoy the preserved culture and lifestyle of Chianti's villages and hamlets as you tour wineries and ancient abbeys, and explore the Etruscan past during your daily rides through this agrarian wonderland. Enjoy magical vistas while cycling to the medieval towers of San Gimignano and Siena's illustrious "II Campo" square.
Days 5-8: Cinque Terre to Portofino
We make our way to the blue green waters of the Ligurian Coast. Hike along the lofty paths of terraced vineyards and olive groves cascading down the slopes to the five fabled fishing villages, better known as Cinque Terre. Then our trail leads us through a nature reserve of lush vegetation, Dorian Towers and elegant manors en route to glamorous Portofino.
- All 3- & 4-star accommodation with breakfast
- Five full course dinners and 1 lunch
- Winery visits & tasting
- Private city tour of Siena & visit of Etruscan Tombs
- BIKE RENTAL of quality upright 27-speed touring bikes equipped with handlebar bags (your clipless pedals can be mounted; but remember to bring your shoes, bike gloves and shorts). Quality road bikes are available upon request at an additional charge.
- Water bottles to keep & walking poles to use during hikes
- Snacks and water during rides & hikes
- Route note, maps and marked routes
- All tour transfers including meet/depart, van support and luggage transfer
- Multi-lingual guide(s)
- All entrance fees mentioned in itinerary
Not included: Airfare, beverages, trip insurance (strongly recommended), personal items, guide tips.